Useful website for families and community.
We have detailed links to websites that families and community may find useful. They contain useful information on government entitlements, The National Quality Standards, licensing and general information on children’s development, early learning milestones and the childcare industry.
- Centrelink/Department of Human Services
- Childcare Subsidy
- Family Benefits
State and Territory Regulatory Authorities.
Each state and territory government is responsible for legislation under which childcare services are licensed. This is administered by the relevant regulatory authority in each state and territory. For NSW, the ACT and Victoria, these are as follows:
- NSW Department of Education and Training
- ACT Community Services Directorate
- Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- Department of Family and Community Services - The Department of Family and Community Services delivers services and assistance to some of the most disadvantaged individuals, families and communities in NSW. They are an asset to our community.
- My Child Government website - The mychild.gov.au website is Australia’s online childcare system. In this website you are able to source information on different forms of childcare, and how and where to get assistance with the cost of childcare. This information is important in order to gain information on receiving the correct assistance to your individual family circumstances. There is also an option to research and find different childcare centres.
- The Office of Early Childhood Education and Child Care (OECECC) - The OECECC aims to achieve a nationally consistent, accessible, affordable and high quality early childhood education and childcare system for all Australian children and families.
- Department of Education and Communities - Since 1 January 2012 most education and care services for children are regulated under a new scheme known as the National Quality Framework.
- Early Years Learning Framework - The Early Years Learning Framework describes the principles, practice and outcomes essential to support and enhance young children’s learning from birth to five years of age, as well as their transition to school.
- Raising Children Network - Provides parenting information from newborns to teens.
- Childcare NSW - HELPS MEMBERS provide high quality child-development and parent support.
- Australian Centre for Child Protection - The Australian Centre for Child Protection is a national research centre working to develop evidence-based approaches to the prevention and treatment of child maltreatment.
- Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth - By collaborating with researchers, policymakers and practitioners, ARACY turns 'what works' into practical, preventative action. This organisation improves the wellbeing of children and their families.
- Community Child Care Co-Operative - We aim to inform and inspire the children's services sector, and influence government policy, practices and programs so that children within NSW have access to quality children's services that meet the needs of their communities.
- Children’s Services Central - Is the Professional Support Co-ordinator for New South Wales and is part of the Inclusion and Professional Support Program funded by the Australian Government Department of Education. Children’s Services Central is managed by key organisations that resource and support education and care services in New South Wales.
- Care For Kids - Australia's most comprehensive directory to find compare and contact a huge range of child care services.
- Kidsafe - Kidsafe is the leading non-government, not-for-profit charitable organisation dedicated to preventing unintentional childhood injuries and reducing the resulting deaths and disabilities associated with childhood accidents in children under the age of 15 years.